The Mississippi Charter School Authorizer Board announced today that six groups which submitted applications to open charter schools in the second application round are eligible to move forward. Below is a list of the eligible groups, the school districts in which the proposed schools would be located, and the grades the schools would serve at full capacity. The next step are quality reviews, to be announced by October 15.
- Emerge Community STEAM Charter School: Tunica County, grades K-8.
- Emerge Community STEAM + E Charter School: Jackson, grades K-8.
- Excellence Academy STEM Charter Elementary School: North Panola, grades K-5.
- Inspire Charter School: Columbus, grades K-6.
- Midtown Public Charter School: Jackson, grades 5-8.
- Du Bois Prep Academy: Tunica County, grades K-6.